Join a team that is changing millions of lives.
Transforming smiles, changing lives
At Align Technology, we believe a great smile can transform a persons life, so we create technology that gives people the confidence to take on whatevers next. We revolutionized the orthodontic industry with the introduction of the Invisalign system, and we have never lost sight of that spirit of innovation. Our diverse and collaborative teams are constantly pushing the boundaries of whats possible.
Ready to join us?
The role Manager – Project Portfolio is to ensure the strategic planning and governance of a portfolio of projects. As line manager to Program / Project Managers you will use your experience and leadership skills to provide coaching and guidance to your portfolio team. The position partners with senior business leaders to drive clarity and prioritization of the portfolio objectives aligned to business strategy, critical success factors and deliverables for the team. Additionally, the Manager – Project Portfolio will motivate the team and drive a sense of pride and commitment to meet portfolio commitments.
In this role, you will...
- Partner with key business stakeholders to understand their long-term strategy and support the ideation and execution projects and CI to meet their business objectives
- Own the end-to-end cycle for the intake, assessment and execution of Projects within the portfolio to build the ongoing Project Roadmap
- Drive continuous cycle of portfolio reviews to manage the existing Roadmap deliverables and onboarding of new requests
- Partner with Global PMO / Portfolio Leads to align on project scope, timelines and resourcing within the global roadmap framework
- Ensure strong discipline in quality of execution in all roadmap projects, ensuring all adherence to project methodology requirements
- Effectively distribute the workload across the portfolio team to maximize project delivery
- Provide clear visibility of all project status to key stakeholders across the business
- Manage progress and risks, escalating as appropriate to enable resolution in due time
- Ensure that the identified benefits are realized from the deployment of the project
- Drive cross functional collaboration to incorporate insight and advice from all relevant functions to effectively build project plans that maximize impact and prioritized to meet business objectives
- Deliver playbooks, project and process documentation to ensure high quality and standardization of delivery
- Establish KPI / Metrics to demonstrate value delivered by the team
Performance and Development:
- Motivate, coach and develop your Portfolio team members to maximize their development and performance
- Establish clear roles and responsibilities within the team, setting relevant and achievable goals and targets
- BA or equivalent of two-year college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 7 years experience in the field of Project & Portfolio Management and able to demonstrate understanding and practical deployment of project management methodologies
- Prior experience in building, developing and managing a team and must display the core behaviors of leadership, building trust, accountability and motivation within the portfolio team
- Fluent Polish and English language
- Demonstrate detailed knowledge and application of core Project Management methodologies including relevant professional qualifications
- Application of Agile Principles to evolve and optimize overall PMO performance
- Strong communicator and influencer who can connect with key stakeholders across at the organization
- Ability to assimilate multiple sources of information to guide effective decision making & prioritization
- Confident presenter with ability to lead cross-functional workshops and reviews, providing clarity in objectives and expectations
- Strong business and commercial acumen and ability to build an understanding of the business needs to build and shape portfolio roadmaps.